What we're about
The Ark is a strength and conditioning facility and cultural space. Our members workout safely in a group class environment under the supervision of a highly qualified coach.
strength and conditioning
Our Strength and Conditioning classes are the the backbone of our training hall. Here, you will learn high-skill movements, increase your quality of life, and make some friends in the process.
Whether you want to get in shape, lose weight, or become a stronger, more capable person, The Ark is where you will continue your fitness journey.
Our weightlifting club, Gainesville Barbell, is the largest and most seasoned club in North Central Florida, whose coaches have more experience in the sport of weightlifting than any other gym in the region.
Our training hall is a unique cultural space, where the sport of weightlifting lives like it did 50 years ago, minus the metal weights.
RAISING THE YOUTH
We are Gainesville's only not-for-profit gym. We believe that high-quality fitness education should be available to everyone, regardless of their status in society.
We provide free instruction for youth who qualify for free or reduced lunch. UF and Santa Fe students enjoy reduced cost memberships, and our outdoor fitness park is free and open to the public.
All prospective members of The Ark must schedule a Free Interview and Assessment before joining.
This is so we can assess your movement quality, health-markers, and find out what you hope to achieve at The Ark. Once we've conducted the interview and comprehensive assessment, we'll be better able to recommend a program that matches your interests and goals. Interviews must be scheduled 24 hours in advance. Click on the button below to schedule an appointment.
9-10a (open gym)
4-6p (open gym)
Located just east of Downtown Gainesville, The Ark School of Fitness is conveniently located and open most days of the week.
22 NE 11th street
Gainesville, FL 32601
M, Tu, W, F
5:30-8:30a* and 4-7p*.
Th 9-10a, 3-5p
The Ark's Performance Nutrition Course
- Make Changes to Your Body by learning what "good nutrition" really means for you and your wellness.
- Discover the Only Information You Need to lose fat, gain muscle, and improve your health.
- Backed By Science and Research with Real People. We'll help you get over some of the personal challenges to eating healthy.
- Find a Diet that Fits Your Lifestyle. Vegetarian, omnivore or vegan, we'll teach you how to do it to maximize your performance, health and body-composition.
The course will begin on Saturday, April 15th, 2017, with a lecture, every two weeks. The course ends after the final lecture on Saturday, May 27th.
Here's what you get:
- Four, 1-hour nutrition group lectures and check-ins.
- Two, 1-on-1 coach check-ins.
- Precision Nutrition System. Includes Success Guide, Diet Guide, 5-minute Meal Guide, Quick Start Kit and much more!
- Inclusion into our private FB group, just for participants.
And, do it all in a group-class setting, using one of the most potent catalysts for change around: social support.
Check out our prices and click "sign-up" to read more.
Members can login to our member website by clicking this button.
Members may use this button to go to our calendar and reserve a class.